After extensive meetings between the Mount Rinjani National Park authority (TNGR) and local government officials, a health protocol and management plan has been agreed to allow for the safe re-opening and management of Mount Rinjani trekking in the post COVID-19 world. The new regulations are listed below.
Mount Rinjani COVID-19 Regulations 2020
The below list outlines official regulations relating to Mount Rinjani Trekking from 7th July 2020. These may be subject to change, so it is worth contacting us for up-to-date requirements.
- Trekkers will require a valid letter stating that they are free from COVID 19 (rapid test or PCR accepted).
- Trekkers will be required to fill out the Travel History form (applicable in Lombok).
- Trekkers will be required to use a face mask / face shield and hand gloves
- Trekkers are required to bring a hand sanitiser
- Trekkers are required to present a certificate showing they are free from the symptoms of COVID-19, such as high fever, shortness of breath, coughing and colds.
- Trekkers are required to carry and use personal equipment, especially cutlery / eating utensils, as well as pillow and sleeping bag.
- There will be a maximum of 6 trekkers per group
Rinjani Dawn Adventures Advice
Although the above list may seem intimidating at first, we are here to make the process of climbing Mount Rinjani as stress-free and enjoyable as possible!
- The new reality is, if you’re travelling internationally you will have most-likely have to have had the COVID-19 rapid test or PCR. Please just forward us a scanned copy of the test, and inform us if your situation has changed before the trek.
- You will of also had to fill-out a Travel History form on arrival in Lombok, again, please just forward us a copy for our records.
- We recommend you bring your own face-mask and gloves, but we will endeavour to have some to purchase at our office, should you forget. We provide people with a very cool trekking buff with all our packages (that can be used as a face-mask), and also provide warm gloves, trekking poles and other equipment free of charge.
- We recommend you bring a small hand sanitiser for personal use, but as with all our treks, we will supply some soap and liquid hand sanitiser for use at lunch-stops and evening meals. We also recommend you bring some wet-wipes for cleaning your face.
- We understand that most travellers do not usually travel with cutlery, pillow & sleeping bag. If you wish to bring your own, you are very welcome to do so. If not, we will issue with some that will be yours for the duration of the trip. They will all be thoroughly washed before the trek, and will stay in a bag with your name on it for the duration (to avoid sleeping bags and pillows getting mixed-up). Rinjani Dawn Adventures is the only trekking operator that provides sleeping-bag liners (we have been doing this since we opened, as we believe in the importance of cleanliness and hygiene). Again, these 100% cotton sleeping bag liners & pillow-slips will be hot-washed, dried, and packaged before each trek.
- Rinjani Dawn Adventures has always focused on tailoring our trips to smaller groups. We believe this allows our customers a more personal experience, including time to get to know your guide whilst enjoying the stunning scenery.
Mount Rinjani Trekking Guide
Rinjani Dawn Adventures publish an official Mount Rinjani Trekking Guide that is frequently updated with useful information and advice. We also have a FAQ page, which contains more specific answers to commonly asked questions about Lombok and Rinjani. If climbing Mt Rinjani is on your bucket-list rest-assured we have all the information you need to make an informed decision, and will be happy to answer any further questions you may have.
Why Choose Rinjani Dawn Adventures?
Rinjani Dawn Adventures is socially and environmentally conscious trekking company based in Senaru, North Lombok. We were awarded the prestigious title of Adventure Operator of The Year (Indonesia) 2019/20 by Luxury Travel Guide, and have accumulated multiple Tripadvisor Certificates of Excellence. But like many companies in the travel industry at the moment, we’re struggling…. Following a series of earthquakes in 2018 we deployed all our resources to helping the local community through our “Sasak Warriors” community program, and since COVID-19 has shut-down international travel we have been supporting our staff as best we can. But to survive we need awesome people like you to join us on one of our amazing adventures!
For more information about climbing Mount Rinjani and exploring other parts of Lombok, please check-out our Packages page. If you would like more information or want to book a package, please use the “Enquire Now” tab on the relevant package page, which will take you to our booking portal. Don’t worry, you will not have to pay anything up-front – we invoice you separately, after providing you with all the information you need to plan your trip.
Best wishes, & hope to see you on the mountain soon.
Angus, Aef, Nur & the rest of the guides and porters at Rinjani Dawn Adventures.